Sunflower

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Our Jack O Lantern

We finally got around to carving our pumpkin this week. The kids were so excited and did better this year although Sheldon still thought it was "yucky." Kalyn really got into it and was a big help. I have always loved this tradition as a kid so it is special to share this time with Kalyn and Sheldon. I hope they feel the same with their own children when it is their turn!

Getting ready to "gut" the pumpkin
Kalyn working at it...love this pic of her!
Sheldon's turn
I gave them their own little pumpkin to work on while I finished up the other one.
Sheldon, "Jack", and Kalyn

3 comments:

Deborah said...

What a wonderful tradition you are passing down to your children, too. I love passing down family stuff, too! Everything I pass down was from my grandmother, and she would be so proud to know that my children are planning on doing it, too.

Jill said...

so cute. those kids are just precious!

JessBless said...

Very fun times. I feel sorry for kids that have never gotten to carve a pumpkin. It's fun to create something and be able to call it your own.