Sunflower

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Baby Kittens

Do you recall my post not too long ago about bringing several cats home with us? Well the mama cat got pregnant shortly after being here and she delivered her kittens today. As soon as I realized she was pregnant I put her in one of the chicken coops to keep her confined. I didn't want anything killing the kittens when they were born and we also don't need any more running around the place!! Anyway, after watching her and feeding her more throughout the day for the last three weeks, the kids and I were able to watch the "miracle of life" which was a great learning experience for Kalyn and Sheldon. The kids were really in awe with it and had many, many questions as you can probably imagine!! :o) As soon as the kittens are six weeks old we will be giving them away to new homes.

No comments: