Sunflower

Monday, June 13, 2011

Osbourn Reunion

Our annual Osbourn reunion was held on the Llano River over the weekend. Besides being H-O-T, we all enjoyed being together as a big family. Fried fish with all the fixin's were served on Friday evening and the Osbourn BBQ for lunch on Saturday. We had chopped BBQ sandwiches and homemade ice cream for supper...YUMMY!! Ricky and I bought an used travel trailer a few weeks ago so we had so much fun using it for the first time at the river. Colten slept with Sheldon both nights and the kids enjoyed playing in it during the hot periods of the day. Swimming at the slab was one of the high points of the weekend...the water felt sooo good! We also reserved a couple hours at the city pool just for our family on Saturday evening and it was a BLAST!!!! Our whole family seemed to fill up the pool...crazy!! I think someone counted 65 of us there! We had out traditional church service on Sunday morning with one of the Osbourn twins (I can NEVER tell who is who!!) leading the singing and Duery giving us a short lesson. God has blessed us with a close knit family and we all love to be together when we can. I know it means a lot to my grandfather to see all his children, grandchildren, nephews and nieces together at one time. He is currently the oldest living relative at 89 years old...God is so good!





No comments: