We have three cute calves on our place now! One more is on the way....soon we hope! I found myself very involved in the whole calving process very much like my daddy is. I got into the routine of feeding them cubes and hay every morning and then 2-3 routine check-ups through the day to see how they were progressing. Ricky thinks it's very funny to watch me "worry" about the cows. I tell him it's an investment so he had better worry some~ha!! It has been a wonderful experience and such a blessing that I am able to do it.
The first two calves were born on New Year's weekend. Ironically, those two actually belong to the kids' cows! Sheldon's calf is brown and white...her name is "Cutie." Kalyn's calf is solid black...her name is "Peppermint." The third calf was born the weekend after New year's and he looks so much like his daddy (the longhorn bull we had before...Lil' Bit). We have named the new calf LBJ (aka Lil' Bit Jr). All the calves enjoy playing and taking several naps close to the house. We have really enjoyed watching them so much!
The Daddy...Lil' Bit
1st calf..."Cutie"
One of my favorite pics

2nd calf..."Peppermint"

Stay posted for the newest addition coming soon.......
2 comments:
Congrats on the 2 heifers and 1 bull calf - good ratio! Enjoy! :)
One of my favorite summer memories was with my Pepaw on his farm and experiencing a new born calf...about 5 I think. We had to help feed them with the huge glass bottles. Oh, what a blast we had. Enjoy!
Post a Comment